Where have I been?
Did I fall off the face of this Earth?
Presumably not as I won’t be writing the following if I did 😉 To ease reading all the belated news allow me to list them (in no particular order).
- I was overseas again soon after the launch of Exora. It was nice this time because the weather was mild and the trip was ‘design driven’. Normally business trips tend to be ‘meeting driven’ with lots of text on a whiteboard. Haha, that’s life in the corporate sector for you. I was tied up from start to end and am still keeping tabs from the visit.
- Speaking of Exora, the sales and bookings have been very good indeed with over 8,000 in the system as of last weekend. Seems we’re heading the right direction. The reviews have also been pretty much on the positive side; notable gripes are more centred on the perceived underpowered nature of the engine rather than anything else. Somehow I am perplexed at why people would judge that when they themselves haven’t even test driven the car. I’ve driven it and I know a number of other motoring journalists who have as well. The general consensus is that it does perform satisfactorily. That coupled with the rest of the kit you get for the amount of money means this is definitely THE buy of the year.
- It’s that time of the year again when we have to appraise our executive staff. This year things went very fast for some reason but it had some positives. I’ve spent a lot of time on this and hopefully during the final round all that I aim for will come true.
- I went to Bukit Tinggi for the first time! It was for a photography outing and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Lots of nice sights, subjects and environments coupled by the cool air made everything all the more memorable.
- On an unrelated note I’ve been dabbling with digital video production and CGI a bit lately. More on the concept and storyboarding side of things. It’s been a while since I’ve done this so it is a welcome distraction from the daily grind.
There you have it, a bit of life’s trappings for yours truly over the past few weeks. Most of it is due to work obligations than anything else. Perhaps I need to slow down a bit and smell the roses… A friend of mine from France told me recently that Asian’s tend to forget ‘living life’ and commit too much to their work life. Reflective don’t you think?