Indeed it has been..
A few notable events happened (to me at least) but my absence was mainly attributed to my work responsibilities. Sometimes I do feel I put way too much effort in that area, perhaps it’s just the way I’m ‘built’. Have I ever told you that I once took the Myer-Briggs Innerview quiz? The result was most interesting! In fact, in my group my result was the only one that wasn’t ‘normal’. In fact it was way off the charts! I was formulated as being extremely dependent on job satisfaction. Go figure.
Anyhoo, here’s some of what happened over the past week…
- Got a wedding invite from a friend who’s wife (also a friend) is a fellow blogger.. Azim & Reny, looking forward to being there! Hope everything is in place for the big day. Hope I can catch a moment or two from 300mm 😉
- Spent a bomb in the pursuit of my photography hobby.. never discount the importance of the optional battery grip! now multiply that by 2, and throw in a terrabyte of hard disk space to store anything & everything related to digital imaging. Awesome.
- Actively participated in the departmental netball team (yes you read that right).. I was asked to be the team sponsor and initially I was perturbed. But now I’m glad it happened. Got to know lots of nice & interesting people + had a great time covering the finals. Fyi WE WON! 3rd time in a row, a hatrick of wins. More on this later.
- I’m also starting to sell some of my gadgets and stuff I feel I no longer need. My ceramic white PSP was the first to go.. sad but hey, something’s gotta give. Honestly, I don’t really have time to use it anymore. Next will be my iPod Touch.
- Handed incentive & increment letters to my staff.. I must say it’s better this year. One can never make everyone happy but generally it is better for everyone compared to last year. But looking back at myself, I wonder.. as I work to make other people happy and content, how about me, myself and I? Is someone attending to me or am I just another number? Serious questions to ponder.. and not one to be taken lightly.
There, that’s a week in a nutshell. This coming week will also be ‘fun filled’. Got a bbq with friends to attend, time to renew my passport for an impending trip to Japan, will also be having a ‘majlis kesyukuran’ too. That last event alone will need a lot of attention. The game of life gets more interesting by the day.